Robert Mc Cann
Robert is located in Victoria, but visits Darwin around March and August every year. If you would like to book a saddle fitting with Robert for his next visit, please contact the store on (08) 8983 2811 to secure your posititon.
Master Saddle Fitter
- Saddle fitting of all brands and types of saddles
- Pre purchase advise on saddle selection and suitability in relation to all brands and makes
- All repairs and alterations as related to fitting
- Member of the Society of master saddlers (UK)
- Master saddlers qualified saddle fitter
- Chief instructor for ASFA saddle fitting courses
Lancia is currently completeing her apprenticeship with the Australian Saddle Fitters Association. She has also successfully completed the Saddle Fitting course through Richmond College in Sydney.
Robert McCann is Lancia's mentor and Lancia takes every opportunity to work with Robert to further her knowledge and experience. Lancia is locally available for saddlefitting and saddle profiling, please call the store on (08) 8983 2811 to book you next saddle fit.
Have you done your saddle fitting checks to see if you're due for a Saddle Fit?
5 Horse Behavioural Checks
- Does he wince when you touch his back, or try to kick, bite or is generally not happy when you groom him or saddle him up?
- Is he cold backed when mounted?
- Does he generally resist your aids or does he go with false collection?
- Does he have muscle loss, dry spots, broken or white hairs?
- Is he difficult to shoe or resists raising his legs?
5 Saddle Checks
- Does your saddle tip you off balance either forwards, backwards or to one side or does the saddle just not feel right?
- Is there less than 2 fingers clearance along saddle panels to his spine?
- Does the saddle seem to have uneven pressure through the panels down behind your horse's shoulder or along his back?
- Is your saddle new and has not been fitted?
- Has it been more than 6 months since your last Saddle Fit?
5 General Checks
- Has your horse recently come into work?
- Has your horse's diet recently changed?
- Has your horse recently recovered/recovering from an injury or illness?
- Is your horse new?
- Are you sharing a saddle with other horses?
If you have answered "Yes" to any of these questions, it's time to book an appointment with Lancia at Saddleworld NT